Tuesday, August 31, 2010

windsurfing




Windsurfing is something I have always wanted to try, and was unexpectedly given the opportunity to do this last week at Metallak island...

Of course, I didn't do this:

Or this:



I was more like this:


But I had a patient teacher, warm water, and a perfect day- and it was a wonderful first experience. And I say first because I by no means intend for it to be the last... Maybe the only thing that goes flying right now is me, but that's not to say that I couldn't pull a few more interesting moves off someday. :-)

Maybe.


3 comments:

Joel said...

You were awesome, Adri! You'll be doing flips in no time :)

I think I'll direct people to this blog rather than this one from now on :P

Thanks for the fun time at Metallak!

Adri said...

:-) haha Joel, you're welcome to reference the awesome first windsurfing lesson you provided me with at any time, I should've given you a shout-out as my instructor...

We'll see about those flips, I guess Howes have 2 windsurfers I'll be allowed to use, so maybe I'll be making progress one of these days! But it's definitely going to be a thing with me..

And, thank YOU for adding so much to everyone's enjoyment at Metallak, sorry you had to leave so early but it looks like it was a blessing for you to be at Cherokee as well! :-)

Ali said...

I've located your blog! Congrats on the windsurfing. It was fun watching you out there. You looked like a natural!